The new Windows 365 product is set to revolutionise the way we work, following the hybrid work trend. More and more employees are opting for a mix of in-office and at-home work flexibility, and Windows is helping to make this a reality.
This is excellent news for businesses operating with Windows 365, as their employees will be able to take work with them on any device while keeping precious company data secure.
What is Windows 365 and Hybrid?
Microsoft announced (July 14th 2021), a hybrid cloud computing product for businesses that have been available since the 2nd of August 2021.
Although Windows Azure Virtual Desktop has had much success using the same or similar cloud technology, Windows 365 has been improving its service. For example, the configuration process for Windows 365 is much simpler than AVD.
What is the Cloud?
The future for many businesses is in the cloud. That means that data will be able to be retrieved from multiple devices and places via the internet. This offers the flexibility needed post-Covid-19 pandemic.
Statista reveals that 67% of organisations are using Microsoft Azure for their cloud services in 2021.
It gives organisations the ability to work on-demand, and Windows 365 is making it possible to stream tools, apps, and more, across multiple devices.
The Windows 365 Features
Here is a peek at some new features, improvements to cybersecurity, accessibility, and usability include:
- Personal Cloud PC – You will be able to instantly access your cloud PC and have the Windows experience within the cloud.
- Flexible Pricing – Choose between per-month or per-user pricing plans.
- Quick Setup – You can instantly install Windows 365 in a matter of minutes or hours.
- Security – Keeping information secure is built-in, with Multi-factor Authentication, and you’ll be able to delegate permission access for different types of data.
- Compliant – It’s compliant with Microsoft Endpoint Manager and Azure Active Directory.
- Dial-in – No more meetings online where someone’s connection causes those awkward pauses. It offers users the ability to dial into a better connection.
How Much Does Windows 365 Cost?
Microsoft will update the costs in March 2022; they aim to empower leaders worldwide to embrace flexibility. Here is a quick look at their pricing plans:
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic – $5 to $6 (per user)
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium – $20 to $2
- Office 365 E1 – $8 to $10
- Office 365 E3 – $20 to $23
- Office 365 E5 – $35 to $38
- Microsoft 365 E3 – $32 to $36
How Does it Work?
Windows 365 is a Windows PC in the cloud, accessible from any device with an internet connection and a web browser including Android, Mac, and Linux operating systems. For now, it is available for Windows 10, but Microsoft assures users that it will support Windows 11 when it is up and running.
Plus, the way Windows 365 works, you won’t need to maintain any hardware or install software to run it. It also comes with incredible features that you can’t get on non-cloud based versions.
Zero Trust Cloud Security
The Zero Trust model allows users to transfer data from different devices securely. Because we no longer have the same work model of going to an office and those with access inside, the Zero Trust model allows for this flexibility.
How it does this is by having a range of identifying factors, rather than just a password. The technology it uses includes IAM, multi-factor authentication, analytics, encryption, orchestration, and file system permissions.
Essentially what it does is not trust anyone on the cloud network until absolutely sure they are not a threat. Statista also states that 72% of organisations plan to adopt Zero Trust in their business or already have it.
Windows 365 Bringing New Meaning to Hybrid Work
Microsoft is paving the way for hybrid work, providing businesses with the flexibility to implement these new processes.
The future holds safer and easier access to all the information we need to work. Allowing us to work anywhere we choose to, the cloud technology mixed with Zero Trust security opens the office’s four walls up to the world.
About Mustard IT, your security partner
Mustard IT is a trusted team, experienced in security and able to explain complex issues to you in a language you’ll understand. Contact us today to find out how we can help you.